Friday, August 17, 2012

Fairy Metal Thunder: Kindle Book of the Day 8/17

Bestselling author J.L. Bryan's latest series takes readers on a tour combining two very different things: rock & roll and fairies. Don't think they go together? This great YA series will change your mind about that. Becoming a talented musician is a little easier with magical fairy instruments, but don't think the fairies will just let you walk away with them. Find out what happens and pick up the first book in the series for FREE!

Name: Fairy Metal Thunder
Rating: 4.4 stars over 22 reviews
Price: 0.99 0.00
Description: A rock & roll fairy tale.

Jason plays guitar in a teenage garage band called the Assorted Zebras, but they have no fans, no gigs, and they're going nowhere. Even worse, Jason has a crush on their lead singer, but she doesn't seem interested in him at all.

Then Jason steals instruments from the fairy world. Soon the band is enchanting crowds, and Jason is a step closer to the girl of his dreams, but the new gear is brimming with dangerous and destructive magic they can't control.

Their shortcut to success has cost a troupe of innocent fairies their livelihood.  It also turns Jason and his band into enemies of the powerful Queen Mab, who sends magical hunters to track them down, including one of the most dangerous horned creatures in Faerie...

Reviews: " I loved the mixture of the magical world with the real world. When it started I totally got a Labyrinth/Alice in Wonderland type of vibe and I loved the main character Jason. I liked his relationship with his sister. It was like a brother/sister ally type of thing and it's refreshing instead of seeing the typical I-hate-my-sibling relationship. The world building was AWESOME in this novel. Bryan totally brought to life the world of Faerie and I almost wish I could visit!! I LOVED LOVED LOVED the goblin Grizlemor and again reminded me of the goblin from Labyrinth. What I think I appreciated most from this novel is that it is such a fun, light read. YA is saturated with such heavy topics right now (not that I don't like that...I do!) but it's refreshing to read something that isn't super depressing or heavy."

Get your copy of Fairy Metal Thunder now!

And don't forget to check out the sequels, Fairy Blues and Fairystruck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.