Thursday, July 19, 2012

Book Collections Rerelease 7/19

Book Collections Is Back and Better than Ever!

"The app is fixed, and it does exactly as it promises - gives you a way to (FINALLY!) sort all those books on your Kindle Fire." - Amazon Reviewer

"I got this app the day it came out and it didn't work on my Kindle Fire. But the programers of the app worked very hard to fix all the problems and got the bugs worked out. It is fabulous and I highly recommend it. It is easy to use and I am loving it!!!!" -- Amazon Reviewer

I'm not going to lie. This last week has been one of the most stressful of my life. The last thing I ever wanted to do was release Book Collections when it would cause people problems, and really the only thing to do to fix it was to get down to work with the programmers and hammer out the problems. I tried to respond to every single comment, keep everyone updated as best as possible, and hope for the best.

But in these dark moments, something really surprised me. The support from the Kindle Fire Dept. community was overwhelming, and it's something I'll never forget. It was easy to get frustrated or upset, but so many of you remained patient, supportive, understanding, and above all helpful. We had dozens of people help out with the testing, which went on for several days and over 20 versions of the app. But finally we got it, and now you can get it too. We're pleased to announce the release of the new and improved Book Collections app!

If you were having problems...
It's hard to tell exactly when the automatic update will go out, but we've already heard from people that uninstalling and reinstalling the app will get you the new version. Here's what to do:

1. Uninstall Book Collections from your Fire (don't worry, you'll get it back from the cloud)
2. Restart your Kindle Fire
3. Go to Apps tab to Redownload and Reinstall

Organizing your library of books on your Fire in whatever way you choose is now possible. Thank you again for your support, and enjoy the app!

Unfortunately people are still posting 1 and 2 star reviews for the app without getting the new version first. We hope everyone will understand that these are outdated reviews that do not reflect the app that's now currently available.

31 comments:

  1. Thank you, update version worked super fast! Thank you for the quick bug fix, great app

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, G. I'm glad it's working for you and so sorry for the wait. Thanks for your patience!

      Delete
  2. As soon as I saw your notice on Facebook, I turned the wifi on on my Fire. A few minutes later, I tapped the Book Collection icon. It had already updated. It scanned in all the books. The collections I had made before were all gone. But most of the books appear to have the authors in the listing, so that is good. Other than that, I don't really see any changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, I'm sorry about losing previous data and that's confusing to us because the notification comes up that previous data should be saved. Needless to say, we'll be making sure any erasure of data doesn't happen again as we add new features and new updates.

      Delete
  3. Thank You Thank You Thank You!! The fix came just in time before I leave on vacation. It worked very fast and was already updated on my Fire. Thanks for the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Mine works! Thanks so much. Now I get to sort my 700+ books into folders. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it! Please do write reviews if you get a chance!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the new version! It works great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1: What is this supposed to do? #2: How do I uninstall my book collection? I shut my Kindle Fire down, but it doesn't give me a restart option, so i waited about a minute and turned it back on. I don't notice any difference, but I don't know what I am looking for either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica, sorry for the confusion. To uninstall, tap and hold on the app's logo until a pop-up appears to remove from device. Then restart the Fire as you did. Then go to the Apps tab, where you can redownload and reinstall. I'm sure that'll work better for you.

      Delete
  7. It's working! Thank you, thank you, thank you! The app pulled in all my DOCs and PDFs, too. Was it supposed to do that? No matter...I like that it did. Now, off to give you a great rating on Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sila! Yes, it does display a few other formats too. Thanks for reviewing!

      Delete
  8. i can't find another way to contact you so... I ordered Book Collections the first day it came out, but it has never appeared on my Fire. It is listed an an app on my Amazon Manage My Kindle page. How can I get it to my Fire? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice, I'm sorry about that. Please do contact us on our Facebook page if you ever have trouble. Make sure you go to the Apps tab on your Fire, hit sync, and then tap the icon to download and install the app. If you're still having trouble, give customer service a call.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the quick reply. I have done that and nothing happens. Do you mean the Amazon customer service or Fireapps? i don't have the Kindle with me right now.

      Delete
    3. I mean Amazon customer service. Unfortunately we can't really help too much with downloading issues.

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much. I saw the notice that this had been updated. I got the new version now and all of the books on my Fire are showing. I canna wait to play with this and organize my books! Having the collections was the one thing that I missed when I upgraded to Kindle Fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  10. Is there any way to search the unsorted books for a specific title?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet, Bonnie, but that's one of the things we're going to be adding in the next update.

      Delete
  11. I have a request for the next update. It would be nice to be able to delete, rename, and rearrange folders. Also, I don't understand the function of the Location Number. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry. I figured out the function of Location Number. I'm a putz. ;-D

      Delete
    2. Sila, the app can already allow you to rename and delete folders. Enter a folder and tap the menu button with the three lines at the bottom of the screen. There you'll see an option to Remove or Edit. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh, thank you! That is awesome. Now all we need is a way to rearrange them. Or am I overlooking that, too?

      Delete
    4. There isn't a way to do that yet. We'll be adding that in the next update.

      Delete
  12. Yeah, it worked. Only I have 3295 books and docs. It only d/l'd 3043. Will it d/l the rest later. I think maybe those are ones that I have added since the first issue of BC. And some of the book titles have strange characters included in the name. But, I found how to change the title to the correct name. So, not a real problem yet. I will keep you posted as to how it works as the days go by. Thank you for your patience and understanding to all of us faithful followers and diehard Kindle Fire owners. I can say we have probably been a handful at times. But we had faith in you guys - You were all awesome. THANK YOU. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, keep in mind that books that are on your account in the cloud won't show up in the app. Most likely that's what's causing the difference. Thanks for your support!

      Delete
  13. Will this app work in the Kindle app on the ipad

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.