Monday, January 2, 2012

Tips and Tricks: Syncing Music with your Fire

In case it isn't obvious enough already, there are some really amazing apps out there for the Kindle Fire. We're going to be talking about a  new one today that performs an incredible functions, allowing you to sync your entire music library from iTunes.  All the time, I'm struck by everything that's out there and wonder what's left that could be so amazing, and then people come out with stuff like this that impresses me all over again.

Syncing iTunes with your Fire
I'm sure I'm not the first person ever to discover doubleTwist with AirSync, but I want to make darn sure I'm not the last. Like most people, I have a lot of music, and the thought of plugging my Fire into my computer and searching through my drives for all those song files gives me a headache. I would probably never get around to doing it at all. Enter doubleTwist, and that headache goes away immediately. For people with iTunes, this app is able to scoop up all of your songs, videos, and more, and plant them right on your Fire. All you have to do is get the app for your Fire and download the free PC client from doubletwist.com.



Getting Started with this app is pretty easy as well. Once you've got the app on your Fire, it can send you an email with a direct link for you to download the corresponding program on your PC/MAC. Once you've got everything installed and you're running the program, the first thing it'll do is scan your drive and import everything from iTunes. If you've got playlists, go to Playlist Setup at the bottom of the left bar and import.

Now, accessing doubletwist on your Fire, tap AirSync and Yes, to bring up the "pairing screen." It'll show you a 5-digit password that you'll need to enter on your PC/MAC. You'll then see your device appear along the left bar of the program. Click on it, enter the code, and you'll be able to choose what songs, pictures, playlists, podcasts, or videos you want to sync. Then click sync in the bottom right corner and watch it go! Once it's finished you'll see everything on your Fire.

Fortunately, you won't have to go through this every time. Once the setup is complete, you'll be able to sync as soon as your device detects a WiFi signal and makes the connection. Also, doubletwist makes a handy player for your media, plus there are a few other nifty options. You can stream media to an X-Box 360 or Playstation 3. You can access radio stations. You can lock the screen in the settings when you're watching a video. If you're looking for something to take care of all of your music/media files, nothing will get the job done like doubleTwist with AirSync.

And we'll round out this post with a couple of other music options. Check back later this afternoon for more great apps!

Pandora                                      TuneIn Radio

2 comments:

  1. HELP! I tried to transfer MP3 files from my PC to my Fire (drag & drop). Even ripped a CD to my PC & tried to transfer. The song title shows up on the Fire, but it shows 0:00 for the length. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, sorry to hear that's going on. So you aren't using doubleTwist above, right? There are a couple of things to try. To make sure the file is really on your Fire and where music should go, using ES File Explorer will help you locate it. If it never really made it onto the Fire, WiFi File Explorer will definitely be able to get it on there. As for why the title would show up and 0:00 says to me the entire file never really transferred. I hope this helps! If none of this works, that's part of why doubleTwist is good to use. Calling customer service might be able to give you more help as well.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.